DVR (Dinokeng Voluntary Rangers) is a group of individuals with a passion for nature conservation. They spend mostly weekend and holiday time in the Dinokeng Game Reserve (DGR) conducting training courses, promoting conservation and actively patrolling and working in the bush
In a short space of time this enthusiastic group has established “The Den”, a fully equipped bushveld campsite and conservation training facility, within the DGR. These DVRs provide invaluable support the Dinokeng Management in their endeavours to make the Dinokeng Game Reserve a world class reserve.
Voluntarily promote the work of nature conservation within the Dinokeng Game Reserve.
Key Priorities include:
• Expansion of the DGR – To develop new ideas and a positive attitude amongst the land owners to expand the existing reserve.
• Community involvement – Creating initiatives to assist with community beneficiation.
• Wildlife and Game security. To offer skills and time to secure the wildlife and game within the Dinokeng Game Reserve.
• Nature conservation awareness. Offer various interesting nature conservation talks to all the Dinokeng community.
• The activities of the DVRs are well reported on their Facebook page : Dinokeng Voluntary Rangers
• Dinokeng Volunteer Rangers have a duty roster to ensure that their members rotate their responsibilities towards the DGR.
• Apart from patrolling the Self Drive Route (and enjoying the time in the bush) the DVR have facilitated practical courses for learners from schools that are close to the DGR. Special community involvement events were presented to mark Mandela Day, Women’s Day and Youth Day.
Interested conservationists are welcome to contact the Sarel Naude – the chairman of DVR at email address: email@example.com or on 071 895 7737
The ongoing work of the DVRs is reliant upon sponsorship. The DVR is grateful to the following sponsors:
• Built-In braai was donated by George and Sheila
• Steel Structure was donated by Tensmar Farming
• Building materials was donated by OJ’s Distibution
• Building materials was donated by Carin Richards
• Building structure was donated by Dave Richie
• DHR Signage was donated by Cable Network Specialists
• Furniture was donated by University of Pretoria
• Pots and Pans was donated by University of Pretoria
• Bedding was donated by University of Pretoria
• Gas Installation was donated by Hanno Kampman from Kampman Bouers
• Gas Bottle sponsored by Nicky & Wynand Ras from Cleer Screen CC.
• Computer Network sponsored by Dave Richie, Cable Network Specialists
• 300 meter Electrical Cable sponsored by Keith Keating, Horizon Financials.
• Electrical Installation sponsored by Willie and Hester Pienaar.
• Computers sponsored by University of Pretoria.
• 5,000 Lt Water Tank was sponsored by Francois Smit from Den and Pine East Lynne
• Bush Tents was sponsored by Dawie Malan from Wilderness Way Land Owners Association (LOA)
• Bush Tents was sponsored by Gilbert Dekenah from Ship Particitioner Pty Ltd
• Duty Tent sponsored by Niel Constable
• Duty Tent sponsored by Morne Grobler
• Electrical Cable J Turner Electrical
• Fridge donated by Johannes van Loggerenburg
• Fridge donated by Patrick O’Grady
• Deep Freeze donated by Leon & Abigail van Wyk
• Game trophies donated by Magda Nel, Dirk van der Westhuizen, At van der Westhuizen and
• Weapon Safe was donated by from Willie Kotze
• Building Material form Sebenza Construction
• Braai Drums sponsored by Marguerite Vermeulen from Vermillian Paints
• Water Pressure Pump sponsored by Gert and Marinda from Gashimo Sales
• Steel Tables sponsored by Johan de Beer
• Décor donated by Elize and Johan Du Preez from Flight of the Eagle