The DGRDT had its founding meeting on 25 January 2014.
The following Trustees will serve for a three year term:
Mr Vincent Maphai
Mr Etienne Toerien
Mr Dawie Malan
Dr Gaby Magomola
Ms Louisa van Beek
Genl Keith Mokoape (Chairman)
Mr Andre de Ruyter (Deputy-Chairman)
Mr Adri van der Veer
Mr Joe Mathebula
Mr Piet Venter
Mr Jan Oosthuizen (accounting Officer)
The CEO of Gauteng Tourism has a standing invitation to attend Trust meetings.
The Trust has set the following priorities for the short and medium term:
- Expansion – Focus will be on the Wallmansthal (military) and Rust de Winter Dam (Limpopo) areas. All efforts will be in close liaison with the LOA.
- Community involvement – Funding for SMME development that will have an impact on services to the DGR. Nampak is already investigating the possibility of waste separation and recycling for the DGR and Kekana.
- Wildlife and Game security. A proposal to fund anti-poaching in the DGR was submitted to the Department of Environmental Affairs.
- Fund raising projects, including sponsorships for bird hides, look-out points and picnic spots for the DGR self-drive route.
- Other specific sponsorships
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org